If you’d like to join as the fourth member of Cobidol’s lean but effervescent development team, then please read on!
As one of the pioneering members to join Cobidol’s development team, responsibilities will be broad and you will interact with every single part of our product suite and website in significant ways.
What you’ll do
- Be part of a team of 3 other highly skilled developers (a lead TypeScript developer, a junior & a CTO)
- Help shape the future of our entire product suite, including:
- Spectra – our cross-platform mobile app which provides education on and a marketplace for CBD & other cannabinoids
- Cobichain – our blockchain traceability solution
- Built on top of Hyperledger
- We have now made serious inroads into pioneering on top of this already brilliant project
- Rebuilt much of its core in TypeScript
- Rebuilt the Sawtooth SDK in TypeScript
- Removed its dependency on RethinkDB entirely
- We have opted for a graph-based database to replace it (neo4j)
- Implemented a fully custom gRPC based microservice architecture
- We are going to contribute back to the original repository in future when we have the bandwidth to maintain such a large contribution
- Custom APIs built in NestJS with TypeScript
- Our front-end applications are built with… by joe you’re good! TypeScript. And Angular. So yeah, we like TypeScript
- Work on building out our marketing site to take it to bigger heights
- We are about to launch some really nice things–stay tuned!
What you’ll need
- We do not by any means require a degree, but a BS or MS in Computer Science or a related technical discipline is a bonus
- Equivalent practical experience is a perfectly reasonable substitute
- SPA front-ends
- Node.js backends
- Good programming skills in one of Dart/C++/Java, Python or Go, and an ability to pick up new ones
- Some proficiency with TypeScript
- And an interest to learn more/appreciation for its value
- Experience in the Linux environment and a good understanding of its fundamentals and internals: terminal, filesystems, threads and processes, etc
- Grit, self-motivation and a deep feeling of ownership
- A good eye for detail
- A good understanding of large-scale distributed systems in practice, including multi-tier architectures, application security, monitoring and storage systems
- Working knowledge of the TCP/IP stack, internet routing and load balancing
- An interest in information security and an appreciation for data privacy
You deserve a round of applause if you have these
- Experience developing blockchain, particularly Hyperledger projects
- Advanced knowledge of InfoSec techniques/pentesting
- Deep experience with kubernetes
- DevOps Experience
- An interest in Cannabis & Hemp
- A good sense of humour
- A love for music
Cobidol is building the operating system for the cannabinoid industry to thrive, join us!
Be sure to check out the Cobidol Team Page to learn more about the team.
- Top Spec MacBook Pro
- 4K monitor
- Mechanical keyboard (you can choose, so long as the switches are silent!)
- That means no blues please :p
- Any mouse you like
- Some Cobidol swag
- Sonos in the office
- £120 worth of CBD every month for your consumption, if you like (we believe in what we do!)
- Monthly activities and socials
- A budget for learning
- Access to resources to help you learn more whenever you like
- A culture built to foster creativity and companionship at work
- A lovely office!
- Options (equity) available
Cobidol is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Cobidol does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where we are all less stressed and experience improved wellness. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together.
Alex Goodger – CTO & Co-Founder at Cobidol